MOD Larkhill Range is located in central southern England on Salisbury Plain Training area, which occupies some 92km² of manoeuvre area and airspace up to 50,000 feet. The Range provides access to: a live impact area of 29km²; aerial delivery dropping zones; a varied urban and rural terrain, including open and wooded areas; and helicopter landing sites.
The OP3 site offers:
- Fixed Radar site and additional pre-prepared sites for campaigned mobile instrumentation.
- Two helicopter landing sites
- Post-trial recovery of stores and equipment.
- Real time data transfer and display via Fibre Optic or Microwave links.
- Ground/Ground communications coverage of SPTA
- Fixed and Mobile Ground/Air communications
- Explosive compound, including: Preparation, Conditioning & Storage facilities, and Section 5 Weapons Storage
- Visiting Trials Teams accommodation and facilities
- Campaigned in QGS security service
- Trials Control fixed and mobile
- Small vehicle fleet with limited lift capacity
- Jobbing Workshop
The Range provides a controlled safe environment and can be campaigned to provide an instrumented environment for the evaluation of air and ground platforms, sensors, weapons and communications systems, suitable for:
Building 456 Rm 039 MOD Boscombe Down Salisbury Wiltshire SP4 0JF
For MOD Boscombe Down Office
See Boscombe Down site details
For MOD Larkhill Site
From the A303, exit North at the Long Barrow roundabout on to the A360 towards Devizes. At the next roundabout (Stonehenge visitors centre) take 2nd exit. At the next crossroads (Rollestone) follow the MOD QinetiQ signs for approximately one mile to the QinetiQ Larkhill Car Park RV (signed). Gravel car park past the Bustard Inn on the right (RV Postcode SP3 4DU – GR SU092 462). At this point you will be met by QinetiQ Larkhill staff and escorted on to the range.