Aircraft Maintenance and Services
Under the LTPA, QinetiQ maintains and provides operational support to aircraft fleets and unmanned aerial vehicles to Maintenance Levels 1 and 2. Highly specialised teardown, inspection and test of decommissioned aircraft are also carried out.
MOD’s Test & Evaluation Urgent Operational Requirements (UOR) are supported by QinetiQ’s capability for trial installations, modifications and upgrades. Customers are able to assess the effectiveness of UORs with a minimum of delay, while maintaining a high level of support and integrity of recorded aircraft flight data.
Operating from six aircraft hangars, typical services include:
- Maintenance Approved Organisation Scheme (MAOS) aircraft maintenance and repair
- CAT3 structural repairs
- Trial installations for all systems and components
- UOR response
- Flight test instrumentation
- Aircraft weighing and centre of gravity calculation
- Modifications to avionic, electrical and pilot static systems
- Avionic and electrical power wiring modification and installation
- Engine removal and installation
Aircraft Maintenance Testing is available at: