The Hebrides range is located off the northwest coast of Scotland and consists of a Deep Range, for complex weapons trials and in-service firings; and an Inner Range, for ground-based air defence campaigns.
The range occupies 115,000km² of sanitised airspace with unlimited altitude and it can be extended to 460,000 km² for specific trials. This large area and its nearby airfield make it ideal for air-launched weapons operations.
This fully instrumented controlled environment enables the evaluation of land, air and sea weapons, systems and training, including:
- Air Platform Test & Evaluation Services
- Data Analysis - Information Technology Services
- Deployable/Mobile Instrumentation
- In Service Firings (GBAD)
- Munitions and Weapon System Performance Assessment
- Operational Training
- Target Services
- Unmanned Aerial Systems Test & Evaluation Services
Our fully instrumented 3D area for test and evaluation provides space for training activities, secure storage areas for munitions and complete support services. We can provide both live and virtual environments, real-time data, deployable systems and a wealth of expertise.