Defence Evaluation Advisor Service
The Defence Evaluation Advisor (DEA) service is a centrally funded service offered under the Long Term Partnering Agreement to all parts of the MOD. We provide independent and unbiased advice and support on the development of Integrated Test Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) plans. ITEA is the MOD mandated process for the development of a structured plan to gather the evidence to underpin the acceptance case for your new or upgraded Military capability. If applied rigorously it will provide a robust cost and risk optimised plan leading to a pan-Defence Lines of Development (DLoD) acceptance case, whilst significantly reducing the risk of time and cost overruns.
Key elements of the service include:
- Advice and guidance on the application and tailoring of the ITEA process to your projects;
- Review and support to the development of ITEA plans;
- Provision of wider ITEA awareness training to your teams;
- Provision of ITEA training on MOD courses such as Acquisition Employment Training;
- Provision of independent advice on Test and Evaluation (T&E) processes & techniques;
- Domain specific knowledge covering air, land and sea capabilities;
- Experience of requirements management, project management and test and evaluation;
- Information on the breadth of UK T&E capabilities and suppliers beyond those provided by the LTPA;
- Centrally funded access to the deep capability within QinetiQ to provide specific impartial advice on T&E.
The Defence Evaluation Advisors have supported DE&S projects on all scales from a new Army Field Water Heaters to the T26 Global Combat Ship. They will work with you and support you as you develop the plan to gather the evidence you need to support the timely acceptance of your capability.